Sylvia Quattrone has a BS in Elementary Education from S.U.N.Y. at Geneseo with a Concentration in Early Childhood. She also has a Masters’ Degree in Reading from Towson University in Maryland and Permanent Certification to teach N-6 in New York State.
Ms. Quattrone has 27 years experience working with and educating children and toddlers including:
- Teaching preschool children at the 3 year old, 4 year old, and toddler levels.
- Program Director of a child care center
- Assistant Director of another child care center.
- Substitute teacher experience from Grades K-8.
Ms. Quattrone took time away from the education field to have her own children and raise them to school age at home. Both of her children attended CNSI. During the years her children attended CNSI, she was Chairperson on the Board of Directors for 3 years. She assisted in the classroom while her children attended CNSI and substituted on occasion. She just completed her 5th year teaching the program.
Our class room philosophy is centered around the following ideas:
- Children learn through play: through play they explore their environment, learn to deal with problems and learn to work within a group.
- Children learn through doing: we provide a classroom open to exploring a variety of activities and situations where children can make a decisions and choices on their own.
- Children learn at their own pace: children are different and we should embrace and celebrate their unique skills and talents
- Children learn through observing others: we are their role models. It is important that we listen to their thoughts and feelings and help guide them along the way.